Dance Walk, Music & Fireworks
Celebrate Independence Day SF Style
10:30am – 11:00pm
- 10:30am: Dance-Walk, meet at Sugar Cafe, 679 Sutter between Mason/Taylor.
- 2pm: Mobility, The Air Force Band
- 6pm: Tainted Love, 80s band
- 9:30pm: Fireworks display over the San Francisco Bay
- 10pm: DJ Scotty Fox, plus savings at participating merchants
See evening descriptions and transportation suggestions on funcheapsf.
Click here for the Pier39 website.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Hotel Rex (562 Sutter near Mason, San Francisco)
$20 online or at the door
Want a time machine away from modern technology, just for one evening? Let Bach’s Cello Suites transport you to the Baroque in the intimate venue of the Salon Series at the Rex Hotel. Virtuoso cellist Tanya Tomkins shares her characterful and heartfelt interpretation of a selection on the Baroque cello. San Francisco Performances (usually located at Herbst Theater near the SF Opera House) travels to our ‘hood with this special event at the Hotel Rex.
If you prefer jazz over baroque, try happy hour at the Rex on Fridays.